- The City of San Jose Housing Department
- Serving San Jose's lower- and moderate-income families by increasing, preserving, and improving housing that is affordable and livable, and to the extent possible, ensuring long-term affordability and contributing to neighborhood revitalization.
- Housing Authority of Santa Clara County (HACSC)
- Provides rental subsidies and develops affordable housing for low income families, seniors and persons with disabilities living in Santa Clara County, California, the heart of Silicon Valley.
- Searchable database of health and human service providers in Santa Clara County.
- Housing California
- Mission is to prevent homelessness and increase the supply of decent, safe, accessible and permanently affordable homes for homeless low-income Californians.
- Housing Choices Coalition
- Housing Choices creates and implements innovative strategies to provide quality living options for people with developmental disabilities in Santa Clara County.
- City of Morgan Hill Affordable Housing Resources Guide
- U.S. Dept. of Housing and Urban Development
- HUD's mission is to create strong, sustainable, inclusive communities and quality affordable homes for all.
- U.S. Dept. of Housing and Urban Development Multifamily Housing
- This inventory is designed to assist prospective applicants with locating units in HUD insured and HUD subsidized multifamily properties that serve the elderly and/or persons with disabilities.
If you would like a printed copy of the Homeless Resource Guide, please call (408) 975-4483.
Domestic Violence Resources
- Law Foundation of Silicon Valley
- The Law Foundation of Silicon Valley provides free legal services to residents in need living in Santa Clara County.
- Project Sentinel
- A non-profit agency providing services to help people resolve housing problems. The agency assists home seekers as well as housing providers through counseling, complaint investigation, mediation, conciliation and education.
- Bay Area Legal Aid
- Committed to providing meaningful access to the civil justice system through quality legal assistance regardless of a client's location, language or disability.
- Legal Aid Society of Santa Clara (LAS)
- A non-profit corporation that provides free, civil legal services for those low-income persons unable to obtain access to the judicial system through other avenues.
- Pro Bono Project of Silicon Valley: Legal assistance
Employment and Training Websites
- One-Stop Centers that serve the areas of San Jose, Campbell, Morgan Hill, Los Altos, Hills, Gilroy, Los Gatos, Saratoga, Monte Sereno, and the Clara County. Work2future addresses the workforce and economic development needs of our local area, in collaboration with small and large businesses, educational institutions and community-based organizations.
- The Department of Labor
- Fosters and promotes the welfare of the job seekers, wage earners, and retirees of the United States by improving their working conditions, advancing their opportunities for profitable employment, protecting their retirement and health care benefits, helping employers find workers, strengthening free collective bargaining, and tracking changes in employment, prices, and other national economic measurements.
General Information and Assistance
Insurance, Financial, Legal and Other Assistance
- Council on Aging Silicon Valley
- Many Senior Centers offer physical activity, nutrition, resources, and social engagement. For a comprehensive, updated list, please visit the Council on Aging Silicon Valley's website
- Available 24/7, 356 days/year
- San Jose, North & South County